Rick Hinderer Knives Blue Titanium Mt Hood Bead - LB Ti MT HD BL
RHKTIMTHBL: Titanium Mt Hood Bead, Blue
Rick Hinderer Knives
These Titanium Mt Hood Beads are a great way to accessorize your knife (especially your Hinderer designs) while also adding function. Having a lanyard is an easy way to extract the knife from a pocket or bag and the lanyard can also be hooked around the pinky or index finder for added security. Mt Hood Beads also make superb zipper pulls that can easily fit two strands of 550 paracord through the bead holes. This model features a blue anodized finish.
The Summit Series was inspired by a hiking trip to Oregon in 2012, where Rick Hinderer had the opportunity to climb Mount St. Helens. Rick Hinderer Knives wanted to start a collection, so that you could combine your personal choice of beads from their many series, and wear them on a bracelet, lanyard, or whatever you may choose!
- Mount Hood is located about 50 miles east-southeast of Portland, on the border between Clackamas and Hood River counties. In addition to being Oregon's highest mountain, it is one of the loftiest mountains in the nation based on its prominence. Rick Hinderer sees Mount Hood while he is on the plane coming home from Oregon quite often, which inspired the design behind the Hinderer Mount Hood bead. The design was made to give the impression of the ascend up to the summit of the mountain.
- Elevation: 11,249 ft.
- Location: Clackamas / Hood River counties, Oregon, U.S.
- Type of Rock: Stratovolcano
- Age: < More than 500,000 years
- Last Eruption: 1866
- First Ascent: 1857 by Henry Pittock, W. Lymen Chittenden, Wilbur Cornell, and the Rev. T.A. Wood
- Length: 0.415"
- Width: 0.49"
- Material: Titanium
- Finish: Blue
- Weight: 0.07 oz. (2 g)
- Made in the USA