RMJ Tactical Berserker Tomahawk 15" Overall, Black/Orange G10 Handle, Kydex Sheath with MOC Straps - KnifeCenter Exclusive - BER-OB
RMJBEROB: Berserker Tactical Tomahawk, Exclusive Black/Orange G10
It takes more than an aggressive look or a gray and black finish to make a tomahawk a tactical tomahawk. Remember, tomahawks were "tactical" for hundreds of years in their original forms. That is, they met the needs of the soldiers and frontiersman as both a tool and weapon in the battlefield conditions they encountered. In the view of RMJ Tactical, a contemporary tactical tomahawk should be able to withstand all modern battlefield conditions — areas ranging from the Salt Lake City, Utah, Olympics, to the Jungles of South America, to the rugged mountains in Afghanistan. RMJ Tactical tomahawks have been carried in all three.
A tactical tomahawk should be easy to use and carry. A well-designed tomahawk feels like a natural extension of the arm. The use of it should be intuitive. It is interesting to note that people throughout history have been naturally inclined to "hack" with a bladed object. As for the tomahawk scabbard, it should securely hold the tomahawk in place while making it easy to draw the tomahawk out. Also, the modern scabbard should have multiple carrying options. Finally, the modern tactical tomahawk should be able to perform as an efficient tool and weapon for the many tasks soldiers and officers encounter. RMJ Tactical makes tomahawks that meet these requirements. It is not by chance; it comes from many hundreds of hours of design time, customer input, customer requests, and testing, testing, testing.
To embark on designing a tomahawk that will be used in modern combat means embracing a new set of serious design issues that were previously not considered. The end user today is not necessarily interested in the historical aspects of the piece. The end user is not as interested in aesthetics. The most important part of the design is that the hawk can perform its tasks without any failure and with deadly efficiency. Worst case scenarios are played out with use, abuse, environment, and duration.
When Jimmy Lyle designed the knife used in the movie First Blood he commented that when designing the knife, he imagined himself stranded in the wilderness with just a knife. Then, he tried to think of all the things he would need in a knife to get out alive. The design process takes a similar route, drawing on not only RMJ's experience, but more importantly the experience of those who have been involved in Special Op missions, and those who have found themselves on the battlefield in ugly situations. The Berserker is an all-steel integral design based on a 9th century Viking wood axe.
There are three design laws when it comes to tactical weapons:
1. Don't neglect what has worked for centuries. Use lines and features that worked well in battles past and discard the rest.
2. Always take past and present battlefield conditions into consideration, and appropriately utilize both old and new materials in the best way possible to meet these conditions.
3. Strike the best balance possible between the most efficient design and the worst-case scenario design. Do this by drawing on the experience of others, and by extensively testing your design.
- Tough and durable in harsh environments
- Easy to use and carry
- Differentially heat treated
- Cerakote finish
- Able to perform as a tool and weapon to assist in the many tasks that soldiers and officers encounter
- Bottom-eject Kydex scabbard included
- Lifetime Guarantee
- Chopping (including through doors and locks)
- A come-along
- "Rake and break"
- Breaking through brick and cinder block walls
- Punching and cutting through sheet metal
- Punching through body armor, easily reaching target areas of the body
- Overall Length: 15"
- Blade Steel: 4140 Chrome-Moly Carbon Steel
- Handle Material: FR4 3D Machined G10, Black and Orange
- Sheath Material: Kydex
- Weight: 2 lb. 8 oz.
- Made in the USA
Semi-Custom or Mid-Tech knives are knives produced by a process in which the designer has more direct--but not complete--involvement; parts of these knives may still have been made by others.
Waterproof, scratch resistant, and low friction. It will hold its shape and makes a great alternative to leather.
This product is USA born and raised.
Formed in a sheet under high pressure by combining fiberglass and an epoxy resin binder. These handles are lightweight and shaped to ensure a solid grip.