DPx Gear HEST/F Urban G10 Folding Knife 2.9" Grey Matte PVD CPM-154 Drop Point Blade, OD Green G10 with Titanium Back Handles - DPHSF060
RPDPHSF060: DPx HEST/F Urban G10 - OD Green
Designed by Robert Young Pelton for DPx Gear, the DPx HEST/F Urban is the last pocket knife you'll need for every day carry. Small, light and feature-packed, it’s just as at home in your jeans as it is in the tackle box. An heirloom quality piece of US craftsmanship that can be passed down generations with the support of a no-questions-asked lifetime warranty DPx Gear customers deserve. The Urban reduces size and weight while increasing strength. That’s not something you hear much these days.
The Urban G10 materials make familiar and liberal use of DPx hallmarks like Grade 5 Ti-6Al-4V (UNS designation R56400) alpha-beta titanium alloy for the lock bar frame side.
To lighten the G10 version DPx uses rough grip phenolic epoxy resin to make it lighter, smaller but actually tougher when thickness to length is tested. In keeping with only using American-made materials, the blade steel is CPM-154. Crucible Particle Metallurgy makes steels specifically for hard use knives. CPM-154 is a powdered steel (created by molten metal blown through a small nozzle and then cooled into a powder using high-pressure gas bursts). The powdered metal is then, using Isostatic powder, compacted into shape, creating a perfect mixture made up of extremely fine particles. This gives the final DPx steel a flawless finish with better corrosion resistance and edge holding.
The finish of a DPx Gear knife is flawless. The Urban G10 in OD Green features a rough finish G10 frame side and a stonewashed raw Ti side. The hardware is 440 Stainless and the high saber grind blade is a ghost gray matte PVD finish.
A made in America, hard use EDC folding knife that looks good, feels greats and lasts a lifetime.
- American bearing pivot hardware. Stainless steel caged bearing pivot hardware allows for rapid thumb or patented DPx Gear pocket deployment.
- American aerospace grade titanium frame. A frame and lock made of U.S. made aerospace grade 5 6Al4v titanium in smooth stonewashed finish.
- The world's finest U.S. forged blade steel. A blade shaped from U.S.-made CPM 154 martensitic stainless steel delivers the edge, durability and finish you expect in a compact, hard use folder.
- Patented DPx Gear blade notch doubles as a bottle opener and quick open feature. Designed to allow the knife to open faster than an automatic and to deploy the blade to the rear of the holder, keeping it safe from the assailant. This feature was also designed to open bottles and function as a pot lifter. Every feature on a DPx Gear knife is expected to do double duty.
- Integral Hex drive. DPx Gear believes if you are going to carry around a quality knife, it better earn its keep. DPx's inclusion of a ¼” standard hex driver in the knife’s frame can be easily paired with a commonly available hex tool and turn your DPx HEST/F Urban into a multitool.
- Tri-gauge wire stripper jimping. The thumb grip (jimping) features three notches in the exact gauges to strip household, auto and timer wire for blasting or electronics. This patented DPx Gear design feature also provides an exact but comfortable grip for your thumb, with gloves or with bare hands, so there is no slipping when using your knife.
- Fully reversible, deep carry pocket clip. A deep pocket clip bent from heat treated grade 6 Ti alloy means your pocket knife rides as low and unobtrusively as possible in your pocket. The angle of the clip over the frame lock adds additional support to the lock. The DPx HEST/F Urban is made from not just durable materials, but stain free materials. Even the clip, screws and hardware are designed to take harsh environments with ease.
- A proven frame lock with steel insert. The frame lock is a simple reliable lockup. but we go further, we added a stainless steel hardened cap to eliminate wear on the lock face.
- Blade Length: 2.9"
- Closed Length: 3.7"
- Overall Length: 6.7"
- Blade Thickness: 0.16"
- Blade Material: CPM-154 Stainless Steel
- Blade Hardness: 61HRC
- Blade Style: Drop Point
- Blade Grind: Saber
- Blade Finish: Ghost Grey Matte PVD
- Handle Material: OD Green G10 Phenolic and 6Al4v Titanium
- Locking Mechanism: Frame Lock
- Pocket Clip: Tip-Up, Right Carry
- Weight: 3.55 oz.
- Designer: Robert Young Pelton
- Made in the USA