Fallkniven S1 Pro 10 Swedish Survival Knife 5.11" Satin Laminated CoS Blade, Zytel Handle and Sheath - S1pro10
SWEDS1PRO10: S1 Pro 10 Survival Knife
This edition of the S1 Pro is sold without the waterproof case and DC4 sharpener, and with a 10-year warranty instead of a lifetime warranty. This item only includes the knife and the Zytel sheath and is available for much less than the standard S1 Pro.
There are basic survival knives, and there are survival knives for the professional. The original F1, S1 and A1 Fallkniven models have provided exceptional service for decades. Due to their outstanding quality and durability, they will continue to perform for many years to come. Nevertheless, Fallkniven's drive to continually improve their knives have led them to develop the Pro Series. The Pro Series are survival knives of near-unimaginable quality, durability and performance.
Fallkniven began developing the Pro Series knives in 2010 and now, they're offering amazing Pro Series survival knives that are the new world standard for survival knife performance and manufacturing.
Simply put, a knife is a blade and a handle. To remain strong and stay sharp, the knife must be made of high-quality materials. If the claim is made that a knife is "professional", then the knife and its maker have a responsibility to the user to raise the bar far above what is common. The Pro Series truly is professional.
Compared to their predecessors, the Pro series differ in the following important areas:
- The original laminated VG10 steel is upgraded to a laminate cobalt steel (lam. CoS) blade that ensures a durable edge and improved edge retention.
- The blades are thicker increasing the torsional rigidity so the knives will withstand even greater external forces.
- The full-length tapered tang is wider and thicker and therefore significantly stronger.
- The crossguard is now made of stainless steel and permanently welded to the tang.
- The convex blade edge has been refined to improve its cutting properties.
- The Zytel sheaths are redesigned, more durable, and better suited for the Molle attachment system.
- The Pro Series knives are supplied with our most popular combination DC4 whetstone. The DC4 offers a diamond whetstone on one side, and a ceramic stone for field sharpening on the other side.
A professional survival knife must perform in all weather conditions with no exceptions. The professional survival knife must be comfortable and safe to handle for both fine and rough work in summer heat or winter cold. We at Fallkniven have considered every design aspect of these superb professional survival knives and we stand behind them with a lifetime warranty on materials and workmanship.
- Blade Length: 5.11"
- Cutting Edge: 5.00"
- Overall Length: 9.72"
- Blade Material: Laminated Cobalt Steel
- Blade Thickness: 0.23"
- Blade Hardness: 60HRC
- Blade Style: Drop Point
- Blade Grind: Convex
- Blade Finish: Satin
- Handle Material: Zytel
- Handle Thickness: 0.8"
- Sheath Material: Zytel
- Weight: 8.5 oz.
- Weight w/ Sheath: 11.5 oz.
- Made in Japan
UPC Code: 7340101501567
The exotic steel Capital of the World, Japan produces and innovates some of the best products, from pocket to kitchen knives and everything in between.
A nylon polymer that is lightweight and extremely durable, Zytel can be shaped and textured to provide excellent grip.
$92.58 On Sale: $29.95
$48.12 On Sale: $19.95