Timberline Dave Young Alpha-3 MSS Machete Survival System, 16.5" 440C Sawback Blade, Custom Nylon Sheath - 4803
TM4803: Alpha-3 MSS Machete Survival System
The MSS Machete Survival System is a do-it-all camp/combat machete that is built for the hardest of use. The forward weighted 16.5" full-tang blade is made from 440C stainless steel for a durable, worry free edge with a matte black titanium coating for a non-glare finish. It has sawback serrations along the spine but the real cutting power comes from the two combination edges on the base of the blade and near the tip on the spine. The thermoplastic rubber handle is overly large for gloved hands and extremely ergonomic, creating an awesome grip. You have a wire cutter/stripper at the base of the blade and a carbide glass breaker on the butt end. It includes a custom coyote brown, MOLLE compatible nylon sheath. Every inch of this robust tool delivers superior performance and no feature was overlooked.
- Integral carbide glass breaker/field marker
- Partially serrated sections
- Cord/strap cutter
- Custom nylon sheath with MOLLE loops, straps, snaps and grommets for optional paracord attachments
- Blade Length: 16.5" (419 mm)
- Cutting Edge: 16.25" (413 mm)
- Handle Length: 6.5" (165 mm)
- Overall Length: 23.0" (584 mm)
- Blade Material: 440C Stainless Steel
- Blade Thickness: 3.5 mm
- Blade Style: Sawback
- Blade Grind: Flat
- Blade Finish: Black Matte Titanium Coating
- Handle Material: Checkered TPR
- Sheath Material: Nylon
- Weight: 33.5 oz. (0.95 kg)
- Designer: Dave Young
- Made in China
Durable, flexible, abrasion and mildew resistant, Nylon also is very strong
A nylon polymer that is lightweight and extremely durable, Zytel can be shaped and textured to provide excellent grip.
High end stainless steel with a high resistance to corrosion and will sharpen to a razor edge.