Tormek T-2 Pro Kitchen Knife Sharpener - T2
TORT2: T-2 Pro Kitchen Knife Sharpener
With over 40 years experience in sharpening, Tormek of Sweden has developed a knife sharpener, specially designed to meet the professional's demand for sharpness and user-friendliness. You get sharp knives, just when you need it!
With the Tormek T-2, you get a professional grinding. The concept is a further development of the diamond stone, which in combination with an innovative guidance system (patented) enables you to have full control of the sharpening.
- Diamond Wheel optimized for knife sharpening.
- Composite Wheel for final polishing of the edge.
- No risk of overheating the steel.
- Does not remove more steel than necessary.
- Speedy sharpening, one minute is enough.
- Adjustable edge angle according to need.
- Silent running.
Fine-grained Diamond Wheel
Optimized to provide a high level of sharpness and at the same time an efficient steel removal, without removing more steel than necessary.
Adjustable edge angle
You can easily set your angle to suit the type of knife or usage. A larger edge angle gives a stronger, more sustainable edge.
Specially developed Composite Wheel
With integrated polish that removes the burr.
Makes it easy for you to move the machine when needed.
Questions and Answers
How big a knife can one sharpen?
You can sharpen knives which are 9/16" to 2-3/8" (14-60 mm) wide with a thickness of maximum 1/8" (3.5 mm).
How long does it take to sharpen a knife?
Assuming you sharpen the knife to the previous edge angle (recommended), the work is done in a couple of minutes, including honing and polishing on the honing wheel. Thanks to the clamp, it is easy to sharpen—the knife is not mounted into a jig, which saves you time.
Why does a Tormek sharpened knife last longer?
Thanks to the high accuracy, no unnecessary steel is removed, and your knives will last longer.
Do I need sharpening experience to use the Tormek T-2?
No, it is built so everyone can learn to sharpen quickly.
Which edge angle should I have?
Generally, a small cutting edge cuts better while a larger edge angle is stronger and lasts longer. For example, a knife used for meat should have a larger edge angle than a thinner filet or vegetable knife. The steel's properties also influence what is appropriate. A high quality blade generally stays sharp longer at a narrower edge angle than a blade of lower quality.
What is the difference between shaping and sharpening?
With Tormek you sharpen the whole bevel, compared to a benchstone or a sharpening steel, which only sharpens the very tip of the edge. It is possible to touch up the edge a few times with a sharpening steel between the sharpenings, but the edge angle increases each time and eventually, you need to sharpen the whole ground face. With the Tormek T-2, you always grind the whole bevel, but with minimal steel removal. Thanks to the high accuracy, no unnecessary steel is removed, and your knives will last longer.
Is there a risk that the steel gets heated and damaged?
Tormek T-2 sharpens with a slow running diamond wheel which is gentle on the steel, compared to conventional sharpening machines, which often use high-speed abrasive belts that generate more heat.
Can I place the Tormek T-2 in the kitchen?
The machine is small and can be conveniently placed adjacent to the kitchen, which means you always have the sharpening nearby. Note that it should not be in environments with cooking fumes, as particles can clog the grinding wheel.
Do I need any security equipment?
No. The machine runs at a slow speed and is safe to use. It is designed so that everyone in the kitchen feels safe using it.
- Dimensions: Width 230 mm (9.06"), Depth 200 mm (7.875"), Height 260 mm (10.25")
- Weight: Shipping weight 23.4 lbs, Machine weight 17.6 lbs
- Grindstone: Tormek Original Grindstone, Aluminium oxide, 200 x 40 mm (8" × 1.625") 120 rpm, torque 8.4 Nm
- Leather Honing Wheel: 145 × 26 mm (5.75" × 1")
- Main Shaft: Stainless steel main shaft and stone hardware. EzyLock in composite.
- Housing: Zinc cast top, Impact resistant ABS plastic
- Motor: 120 W. 115 v 60 Hz. 30 Min/Hour Duty Cycle. Maintenance Free.
- Silent running, 54 dB. 10,000 hour life
- *Warranty: 7 years (*when used for commercial, industrial or educational purposes, the T-4 warranty is 2 years.)
- Made in Sweden