UCO Original Candle Lantern, Silver Aluminum, 20 Max Lumens - 10020
UOCDL10020: Original Candle Lantern, Silver, 20 Max Lumens
UCO - Utility, Comfort, Originality
This is the classic, long-burning, collapsible Original Candle Lantern that has provided warm, natural light to millions of outdoor enthusiasts for decades. It is perfectly suited to backpacking, mountaineering, snow camping, and similar outdoor pursuits. Lightweight and compact, the Original Candle Lantern provides 9 hours of warm light from a single candle, surrounding it in the safest, most efficient lantern housing available anywhere. The lightweight aluminum or brass frame holds the glass chimney securely in place, creating a windproof environment for the flame. And the unique, easy-slide chimney allows the glass to slide down into the lantern, making the candle easier than ever to light. The spring-powered candle tube pushes the candle up as it burns, keeping the flame burning at a constant height. A viewing slot on the side of the lantern allows the user to monitor the slow burning candle for remaining burn time.
- Collapses down to 4.25" in height.
- Lightweight, durable, aluminum or brass construction and a long-lasting candle with a 9-hour burn time.
- Easy-slide glass chimney allows quick access for lighting candle.
- Spring-loaded candle tube burns candles efficiently.
- Carrying handle, hanging bail, twist-lock base, and candle viewing slot.
- Specially designed vent in base provides air supply.
Using Candle Lanterns:
- The image of a glowing tent in the wilderness night, stars and moon overhead, is an appealing one. With a little common sense a UCO Candle Lantern is as safe in a tent as other light sources, and much more appealing and economical. A Candle Lantern produces warmth in a tent while reducing condensation—try that with a headlamp! Always ventilate the tent adequately, keep the heat shield away from tent walls, and keep the burning candle within sight. The result is a warm tent, plenty of light to read by, and your headlamp's batteries are preserved for those times when you really need them.
- Open Dimensions: 6.5" high x 2" wide (17 cm x 5 cm)
- Closed Dimensions: 4.25" high x 2" wide (11 cm x 5 cm)
- Weight (w/ candle): 6.4 oz. (181 g)