Woodman's Pal Classic Model 481 Tool 10-1/2" Blade, Wood Handle, No Sheath
WP481: Woodman's Pal Classic Model 481
A Unique Tool Offering Optimum Performance, Usefulness and Power, Artful Beauty In Its Handiwork and a Proud History In its Design
This blade cuts branches and wood up to 1-1/2” in diameter with a single stroke. Its unique sickle hook slices through stubborn vines and briars and removes unwanted sprout growth at ground level.
The Woodman’s Pal is a brush axe/machete that can perform the tasks of many tools including machetes, axes, hatchets, pruning saws, pruning shears, pruning knives, bow saws, loppers, Bowie knives and for certain jobs, even chain saws. It allows you to trim, prune, blaze trails, brush out lines, remove unwanted growth and build duck blinds.
Designed in 1941 in Pennsylvania by Artist and Engineer, Frederick Ehrsam of Victor Tool Company, these unique high quality tools continue to be made right here in Pennsylvania, with only USA made raw materials.
These All-American tools are made of the highest grade American steel and the best American ash wood by dedicated Pennsylvania craftsmen, and those craftsmen’s precision and attention to detail are testaments of their commitment to our USA Pride: Build it once Build it right.
Today, the Woodman’s Pal is still praised by forest and land managers, surveyors, campers, hikers, hunters, soldiers, handymen, scouts, fishermen, gardeners and any outdoorsman or woman.
- Specially annealed, high carbon steel blade (hardened to Rockwell C47+2).
- Crack and chip proof, even in sub-zero temperatures.
- Convex ground, concave axe blade for extreme strength and superior edge holding capabilities. Cuts wood up to 1-1/2” in diameter with a single stroke.
- 16-1/2“overall length
- 6” ash hardwood handle that’s made to fit the user’s hand snugly
- 1/8” thick x 10-1/2“ high carbon steel blade hardened to Rockwell C47 giving it strength for cutting, keeping its edge and also flexibility in cold weather.
- Nylon wrist strap allows for quick dropping and retrieval when necessary.
- Blade cuts branches and wood up to 1-1/2” in diameter with a single stroke. The unique sickle hook slices through stubborn vines and briars and removes unwanted sprout growth at ground level.
- Chisel sharp sickle hook slices through stubborn vines and briars, and removes unwanted sprout growth at ground level.
- Line of balance runs precisely from the grip through the sickle edge creating a natural momentum for efficient, accurate and comfortable swinging motion.
- Black powder coating prevents rust and corrosion.
- Safety toe, extending one inch up the axe-side of the tool, reduces risk of deflective injuries
- Weight: 23 oz.
- Made in USA
This product is USA born and raised.
Provides a traditional, natural look and feel to a modern tool. Wood absorbs shock well and is popular in axe handles.