Wusthof Classic Ikon 7" Nakiri Knife, Hollow Edge - 4187-7/17
WU4187717: Classic Ikon 7" Nakiri Knife, Hollow Edge
The Classic Ikon knives feature a distinctive, double bolster design for professional-style heft, exceptional balance and beauty. The handle is made of a highly durable synthetic material – Polyoxymethylene (POM) – which has a tighter molecular structure to resist fading and discoloration. The elegant shape of the handle is designed for a comfortable grip.
The Classic Ikon 7" Hollow Edge Nakiri Knife is designed with a thinner blade than the traditional cleaver, at a 10° cutting edge, and features a long straight edge. The hollow edge contains evenly spaced vertical indentations that create small air pockets between the blade and the food. These small air pockets gently push food off the blade and reduce the friction and drag when slicing.
- The blade shape finds its origin in Japan. A versatile vegetable cleaver for slicing, dicing and chopping even large vegetable. Soft and hard. A pleasure to use for fruit as well. Thanks to the thin and wide blade it produces very fine and even cuts. The blade can be easily controlled.
- And like all Wusthof knives the sharpness of the Nakiri can be easily maintained by using one of the Wusthof sharpening tools
- The hollow edge creates pockets of air which prevent extra thin or soft slices from sticking to the blade
- Tempered to 56° Rockwell
- Hollow-edge that creates air pockets along the side of the blade that allows for food to easily fall away
- Incredibly sharp and easily maintained, laser-cut stamped blade
- Comfortable and highly-durable polyoxymethylene (POM) handle with a traditional look and feel, stickered with our red Trident logo
- Triple riveted, full tang handle
- Forged from one piece of specially tempered high carbon steel to ensure outstanding strength
- Very sharp, wide, thin blade
- Blade Length: 7" (17 cm)
- Made in Solingen, Germany