Wusthof Classic Ikon 2 Piece Asian Set - 8952
WU8952: Classic Ikon Two Piece Mini Asian Set
Classic Ikon knives feature a distinctive; double bolster design for professional-style heft, exceptional balance and beauty. The handle is made of a highly durable synthetic material which has a tighter molecular structure to resist fading and discoloration. The elegant shape of the handle is designed for a comfortable grip.
The Classic Ikon 3" Flat Cut Paring Knife is the second most important knife to have in the kitchen. The small narrow blade is easy to handle making it the perfect knife to trim; slice and peel small produce such as garlic cloves and herbs. The flat edge provides more contact with the cutting board and precise control.
The Classic Ikon 5" Hollow Edge Santoku knife designed with a thinner blade than the traditional chef's knife, at 10° cutting edge, and gradually curves up at the very end providing a straighter edge. The hollow edge contains evenly spaced vertical indentations that create small air pockets between the blade and the food. These small air pockets gently push food off the blade and reduce the friction and drag when slicing.
- Full Tang that is triple riveted to the handle for precise control.
- Precision Edge Technology yields a blade that is 20% sharper with twice the edge retention.
- Tempered to 58 Rockwell
- The half bolster allows for the knife to be honed and sharpened the entire length of the blade and the heel bolster provides added balance.
- Contoured handle for a comfortable fit and a more contemporary appearance.
- 4006 3" Flat Cut Paring Knife
- 4172 5" Santoku, Hollow Edge
- Blade Material: High Carbon Stainless Steel
- Handle Material: Polyoxymethylene
- Made in Solingen, Germany
One of the older steel Capitals of the World: Solingen, Germany produces some of the best Kitchen knives and straight razors money can buy.
A nylon polymer that is lightweight and extremely durable, Zytel can be shaped and textured to provide excellent grip.