Benchmade 553SBKOD Tanto Griptilian 3.45" Black Combo Blade, Olive Drab Handles
BM553SBKOD: 553SBKOD Tanto Griptilian
The Griptilian is born of custom knife maker Mel Pardue's passion for functional designs. You release the creature's ferocity with a thumb stud. At the very heart of the Griptilian, is the exclusive AXIS locking mechanism. This modern marvel gives life to a cutting tool like you have never experienced before, especially in a lightweight folder. Rock-solid ambidextrous function is sure to tame the most die-hard of traditionalists. And you can grab onto the lightweight, injection molded handle with its grip-textured surface and rib covered spine that grabs you right back for a "can't let go" grip. The Griptilian also comes with a reversible carry-clip for right or left side carry.
See all Benchmade Griptilians here.
- Enhanced Blade-Tip Strength Design
- One-Hand Ambidextrous Function
- Stainless Steel Liners
- Movable Carry-Clip
- 154CM: An American made premium grade stainless steel originally developed for tough industrial applications. Known for its best all-around qualities, it offers great corrosion resistance with good toughness and edge quality.
- TANTO: Most tantos seen on the American cutlery market are Americanized formats. Like the Japanese tanto, the Americanized tanto has a high point in-line with the pivot. A flat grind is applied to the point, leaving it very thick and extraordinarily strong. This thick area helps absorb the impact from piercing, as the tanto was originally designed for armor piercing. The front edge meets the bottom edge at an obtuse angle rather than curving to meet it as seen in the Japanese tanto. The only negative aspect of the tanto blade shape is the cutting surface area is sacrificed to gain tip strength.
- AXIS® A patented Benchmade exclusive, AXIS has been turning heads and winning fans ever since its introduction. A 100-percent ambidextrous design, AXIS gets its function from a small, hardened steel bar which rides forward and back in a slot machined into both steel liners. The bar extends to both sides of the knife, spanning the liners and positioned over the rear of the blade. It engages a ramped, tang portion of the knife blade when it is opened. Two omega style springs, one on each liner, give the locking bar it’s inertia to engage the knife tang, and as a result the tang is wedged solidly between a sizable stop pin and the AXIS bar itself.
- Blade Length: 3.45"
- Blade Thickness: 0.115"
- Blade Material: BK1 Coated 154CM Stainless Steel
- Blade Hardness: 58-60 HRC
- Blade Style: Tanto; Ambidextrous Thumb-Studs
- Weight: 3.25 oz.
- Clip: Black, Reversible, Tip-Up
- Lock Mechanism: AXIS
- Overall Length: 8.07"
- Closed Length: 4.62"
- Warranty: Limited Lifetime
- Made in the USA
UPC Code: 610953120344
A premium American stainless steel with great all around characteristics of toughness and corrosion resistance.
Includes a pocket clip for easy accessibility and a more secure carry.
A nylon polymer that is lightweight and extremely durable, Zytel can be shaped and textured to provide excellent grip.
This product is USA born and raised.
Cold Steel 95FB Pocket Bushman Fold…
Spyderco C81GP2 Paramilitary 2 Fold…
Spyderco C101GP2 Manix 2 Folding Kn…
Spyderco C81GPCMO2 Paramilitary 2 F…
Spyderco C81GPBK2 Paramilitary 2 Fo…
Spyderco C81GPCMOBK2 Paramilitary 2…
Spyderco C85GP2 Yojimbo 2 Folding K…
Benchmade 940 Osborne Folding Knife…
Spyderco C81GPDBL2 Paramilitary 2 F…
Gerber Applegate-Fairbairn Covert F…
Benchmade 581 Barrage AXIS-Assisted…