Canal Street Cutlery D'Holder Drop Point Hunter 3-3/8" Sandvik 19C27 Blade, American Chestnut Handles, Leather Sheath - 179115
KA-BAR BK2 Becker Campanion Fixed 5…
Buck 119 Special Hunting Knife 6" B…
Condor Tool & Knife CTK232-4.3HC Bu…
Cold Steel 20SPH Pendleton Lite Hun…
Condor Tool & Knife CTK240-8.5HC Hu…
Cold Steel Canadian Belt Knife w/4"…
Cold Steel 20RBC Roach Belly Fixed …
Benchmade 162 Bushcrafter Fixed 4.4…
Morakniv Mora of Sweden Red Clipper…
Condor Tool & Knife CTK242-8 Primit…
Condor Tool & Knife CTK237-6HC Roda…
CANAL179115: 7-1/4" D'Holder Drop Point Hunter
Canal Street Cutlery
The D'Holder Drop Point Hunter is both hunting tool and collectible knife in one. It measures 7-1/4" overall with a 3-3/8" mirror polished, full integral cast Sandvik 19C27 stainless steel drop point blade. Full tang design with a subtle, yet highly effective finger guard that is cast from the blade itself. The reclaimed American chestnut handles look excellent next to the mirror polished nickel silver bolster and silver inlaid Canal Street shield. Includes an embossed brown leather belt sheath and is proudly made in the USA.
Reclaimed American Chestnut
Chestnut blight caused by a fungus entered the Country on Asian nursery stock imported to New York around 1900. The American Chestnut was highly susceptible, the tree was devastated throughout the natural range, extending over the Appalachians, and highlands from Maine to Georgia. By 1940, three and one half billion American Chestnut trees had perished.
History of the Canal Street Chestnut
The Hoover barn was located just outside of Hopkinsville, KY. It was built around 1920 and served as an agricultural building until the late 1970's when it was deemed too dangerous to house animals or to work out of due to its deteriorating condition.
The Hoovers were an Amish family who had bought the farm after moving there from Lancaster, PA in the 1950’s. It was a traditionally framed 20' x 42" two story with two 14 foot side shelters. Most of the framing was Chestnut while the siding was a combination of Oak and Chestnut. It was deconstructed in late 2007 and has been used in various projects.
- True custom knives that are 100% hand assembled and finished
- The best natural and enhanced handle materials including bone, horn, pearl, stabilized woods and hardwoods
- Classic and innovative designs finished with custom buffing and beveling all parts, radiuses engineered for superior comfort and performance
- Each knife serialized with a certificate of manufacture showing year of completion along with a description of the handle and blade material used
- Individual jewelers pouch for folders
- Gift box with a beautiful antique style label of the Canal Street Cutlery Co.
- Item : 133326
- Blade Length: 3-3/8"
- Overall Length: 7-1/4"
- Reclaimed American Chestnut
- Sandvik 19C27 (58-60HRC) Polished Mark Side Blade
- High Polished Nickel Silver Bolsters
- Each knife serialized
- Genuine Leather Sheath
- Made in the USA
UPC Code: 016287
Leather is known for its durability and traditional appeal. When compared to Kydex it is preferred for its silence when bumped against other objects, as well as blade retention.
This product is USA born and raised.
Provides a traditional, natural look and feel to a modern tool. Wood absorbs shock well and is popular in axe handles.