Chroma Cutlery F.A. Porsche Type 301 Medium 800 Grit Whetstone Sharpener - P11
CHP11: Porsche Type 301 Medium 800 Grit Whetstone
1. Place the whetstone in water and wait until bubbles disappear (10-15 minutes).
2. Hold the knife tightly. Draw the edge back and forth at an angle of 10-20 degrees. Sharpen the upper part of the edge first and work down the blade evenly. The powder that forms on the stone is essential to the sharpening process and should not be rinsed away.
3. Models with only one side sharpened (i.e. Sashimi knives) should be sharpened 80% on the "sharp side" and 20% on the other side. For all other models, right-handers should sharpen the right side 70% and the left side 30% and left-handers vise versa.
4. After sharpening, the knives should be washed in water and dried completely with a soft towel.
Ideally, the knife should be sharpened daily (for professional cooks) or about every six months (for hobby cooks), and by the same person each time. Each person has an individual angle at which he or she sharpens the knife. The blade of the knife becomes sharper each time it is sharpened in the same manner, by the same person. Read the instructions included with your whetstone carefully. Sharpening with a 301 whetstone is so simple that even beginners can quickly master the technique required.
- Dimensions: 7-1/4" x 2" (18.42 x 5.08 cm)
- Grit: Medium, 800
- Made in China
UPC Code: 5019311910972
Japanese Deluxe Water Stone 8 x 2-5…
Lansky Medium Diamond Sharpening Ho…
Japanese Deluxe Water Stone 800 Gri…
EZE-LAP Medium Stone - 2-1/2" x 11-…
EZE-LAP Medium Stone on a Walnut Pe…
EZE-LAP Medium Stone with Pouch - 2…
EZE-LAP Medium Stone - 2" x 8" Diam…