Kershaw 1170 Jens Anso Method Flipper Knife 3" BlackWashed Drop Point Blade, Machined Black G10 Handles
KS1170: 1170 Method Folding Knife
This compact pocketknife from Kershaw and Jens Anso features a slim, 3" blade of 8Cr13MoV in Kershaw's trademark BlackWash finish. A top swedge adds to its eye appeal. The Method opens quickly, easily, and manually with the KVT ball-bearing system and a built-in flipper.
The handle is black—of course. The G10 handle features an unusual machined pattern reminiscent of an architectural truss. It not only looks good but also offers additional grip security. A custom backspacer features Jens' large lanyard attachment for those of you who prefer a lanyard and adds a touch of style even if you're the lanyard-free type. An inset liner lock keeps the weight down on the Method while still providing solid blade-lockup security. A single-position pocket clip (right, tip-up) enables the knife to sit securely in your pocket.
How did they accomplish all this style and value with a smaller knife? By using the Kershaw manufacturing "Method," of course.
- Flipper - May be used with manual or assisted opening knives. Tee "flipper" is a protrusion on the back of the blade that the user can pull back on, or flip, in order to move the blade easily out of the handle.
- Manual - There is no mechanical assist, such as SpeedSafe, used to open the folding knife. It opens the classic, old-school way.
- Inset Liner Lock - A strip of stainless steel is riveted inside the knife’s handle—most commonly when the handle is a lightweight material. This enables us to create a slimmer, lighter knife, while still providing the strength and security of a locking liner.
- Blade Length: 3.0" (7.6 cm)
- Handle Length: 4.25" (10.8 cm)
- Overall Length: 7.25" (18.4 cm)
- Blade Steel: 8Cr13MoV Stainless Steel
- Blade Shape: Drop Point
- Blade Finish: BlackWash
- Handle Material: Machined Black G10
- Locking Mechanism: Inset Liner Lock
- Pivot Assembly: KVT Ball Bearing System
- Pocket Clip: Tip-Up, Right Carry
- Weight: 2.1 oz. (61 g)
- Designer: Jens Anso
- Made in China