Kershaw 1990 Brawler Assisted Flipper 3.25" Black Plain Tanto Blade, Black GFN Handles
KS1990: 1990 Brawler
MIX IT UP WITH THE BRAWLER
The Brawler starts with a modified tanto blade—a shape often found in tactical and rescue knives that may be required to punch through tough materials.
The tanto is an ideal shape for these piercing tasks because there is plenty of metal to support the point, making it stronger than many other blade shapes. You’ll notice that the top of the Brawler’s blade has a grind, too. This is called a swedge; it helps narrow the blade, adding to its piercing power. At the same time, the Brawler’s straight belly offers excellent cutting capacity, is perfect for bearing down on a task, and is easy to resharpen.
All this makes the Brawler an excellent utility knife. The Brawler’s handle is just as functional. The angled handle curves into the palm of the user’s hand. Jimping on the back of the blade offers additional traction. With the blade deployed, the flipper doubles as a finger guard and provides additional hand protection during knife use. For fast and easy one-handed opening, the Brawler is equipped with SpeedSafe. Just pull back on the blade protrusion and the SpeedSafe assisted opening system takes over, moving the blade out of the handle, ready for use.
Sturdy glass-filled nylon handle scales, a secure locking liner, and our four-position Quad-Carry pocketclip complete the package.
- Flipper - May be used on either manual or assisted opening knives. The “flipper” is a protrusion on the back of the blade that the user can pull back on, or flip, in order to move the blade easily out of the handle.
- SpeedSafe - Assists you to open any SpeedSafe® knife quickly and easily with a manual push on the thumbstud or pull back on the flipper; built into many Kershaw best sellers.
- Liner Lock - Locks the blade open during use; one side of the knife’s steel “liner,” the steel plate to which the handle scales are attached, moves into position behind the blade to securely lock it open.
- Quad-carry - The user may position the pocketclip for tip-up or tip-down, left- or right-handed carry.
- SpeedSafe assisted opening
- Liner lock
- Flipper and thumbstud
- Quad-carry pocketclip
- Steel: 8Cr13MoV, black oxide coating
- Handle: Glass-filled nylon
- Blade length: 3.25"
- Closed length: 4.125"
- Overall length: 7.125"
- Weight: 3.9 oz.
- Made in China