Kershaw 3960 Barstow Assisted Flipper 3" BlackWash Spear Point Blade, GFN Handles
KS3960: 3960 Barstow Folding Knife
The Barstow is a little wicked and a lot of value. It's a folding dagger and everything about this slim, sleek blade is simple, direct, and ready.
The straight spear point blade, sharpened on a single side, is made of 8Cr13MoV stainless steel with Kershaw’s BlackWash coating for a non-reflective, “already-broken-in” look. The coating not only helps protect the blade but also hides use scratches. The handle has glass filled nylon scales with heavy arrow-patterned texturing to enhance grip. A stout steel liner, also with non-reflective BlackWash, provides an equally stout liner lock to secure the blade open during use.
Even better, the Barstow opens quickly and easily with SpeedSafe assisted opening and the built-in flipper. All the hardware is black — with the notable exception of the Barstow’s tube spacers, which are anodized in blue for a touch of subtle color and eye-catching interest. For convenient and discreet carry, the deep-carry pocket clip enables the knife to ride low in the pocket and is left/right reversible.
- Flipper - May be used with manual or assisted opening knives. Tee "flipper" is a protrusion on the back of the blade that the user can pull back on, or flip, in order to move the blade easily out of the handle.
- SpeedSafe - Assists you to open any SpeedSafe knife quickly and easily with a manual push on the thumbstud or pull back on the flipper, built into many Kershaw best sellers.
- Liner Lock - Locks the blade open during use; one side of the knife's steel "liner," the steel plate to which the handle scales are attached, moves into position behind the blade to securely lock it open.
- Reversible - Pre-drilled holes in the handle enable the user to change either the tip position or the side on which the knife carries.
- Blade Length: 3.0" (8.0 cm)
- Handle Length: 4.0" (10.1 cm)
- Overall Length: 7.0" (18.0 cm)
- Blade Steel: 8Cr13MoV Stainless Steel
- Blade Shape: Spear Point
- Blade Finish: Black-Oxide BlackWash
- Handle Material: Glass Filled Nylon
- Locking Mechanism: Liner Lock
- Pocket Clip: Tip-Up, Right/Left Deep Carry
- Weight: 3.4 oz. (98.0 g)
Includes a pocket clip for easy accessibility and a more secure carry.
A nylon polymer that is lightweight and extremely durable, Zytel can be shaped and textured to provide excellent grip.
Considered a value steel, 8Cr13 steel provides adequate corrosion resistance but with slightly more carbon than AUS-8, it will sharpen up and hold an edge better.
$39.99 On Sale: $22.95