Shun Classic Alton Angle's Series 7 Piece Clear Acrylic Block Set - KSDMS0710
Take one celebrity chef, add the expertise of KAI's blade smiths, stir, and you've got a unique, new series of knives—Alton's Angles.
The Food Network's Alton Brown loved the sheep's foot blade shape on the original Shun Vegetable Knife, but he had trouble using it because his knuckles kept hitting the cutting board. So he asked Kershaw for a modification—a small angle that would let him both firmly grasp the knife and fully contact the cutting board.
It worked. In fact, it worked so well that now there are eight Alton's Angles blades. Not only does the design keep knuckles off the cutting board, but the natural curve created between the blade and the user's arm also makes controlling the blade even easier and more precise.
This 10° angle is the only difference. Otherwise, these are Shun Classic kitchen knives. Same clad VG-10 steel blade, same "D" shaped handle, same razor-sharp edge and precise handling. It's just a brilliant new angle on some already brilliant knives.
- Clad Construction
- The Cutting Edge
- VG10 "Super Steel"
- Kasumi Method
- D-shaped Handles
- Steel: VG-10 cutting core clad with 32 layers of SUS410 stainless
- Handle: "D" shaped Ebony-black PakkaWood
- Made in Japan
- DM0721: Angled Vegetable Knife 3 1/2"
- DM0725: Angled Paring Knife 4"
- DM0726: Angled Utility Knife 6"
- DM0729: Angled Chef's Knife 6"
- DM0730: Angled Chef's Knife 8"
- DM0731: Angled Santoku 5 1/2"
- AB0800: Clear Acrylic 8 Slot Block