LamsonSharp Vintage Premier 3-1/2" BD-1 Steel Paring Knife, Morado Wood Handle - 56001
LA56001: Lamson Sharp Vintage Premier 3-1/2" Paring Knife
The 3-1/2" Paring Knife is the most common of all the paring knives and the most versatile. It is used for peeling, slicing small fruits and vegetables, removing stems and other small cutting tasks where control is essential.
Super Alloy American Steel with a 60HRC BD-1 blade for superior edge retention. State of the art salt heat treat with double temper and cryogenic phase which results in ultra fine grain structure of the steel to produce a stronger, and more durable material for the blade. Vintage design has richly-grained Morado exotic wood handle, epoxied and polished. Hand Crafted in the USA.
Lamson & Goodnow, maker of LamsonSharp™ cutlery, is the oldest cutlery manufacturer in the United States. Lamson & Goodnow was established in Shelburne Falls, Massachusetts in 1837, and rapidly became the premier cutler in the United States.
But as the American passion for home and hearth grew, so did Lamson & Goodnow.
In 1999, Lamson & Goodnow purchased TreeSpirit™, a company that handcrafts professional-quality hardwood cutting boards, bowls, kitchen utensils, and kitchen care products.
HotSpot™ silicone for the home was added to the Lamson & Goodnow family of brands in 2002. Unusual at the time, silicone is now regarded as a staple of the modern kitchen for its high heat resistance, superior flexibility, and nonstick properties.
- Super alloy American BD-1 steel with 60 Rockwell for superior edge retention.
- Double tempered with cryogenic phase maximizes the hardness of this premier blade, resulting in a structurally stronger, more durable edge.
- This Vintage design has a richly-grained Morado wood handle.
- This Morado exotic wood from the mahogany family is contoured with palm swell for added comfort.
- Handcrafted and glaze polished by Vintage Craftsmen.
- Full tang with double brass rivets for durability.
- Blade Length: 3-1/2"
- Blade Steel: BD-1
- Overall Length: 7-1/2"
- Handle Material: Morado Wood
- Weight: 2.1 oz.
- Made in the USA
UPC Code: 082498560013
This product is USA born and raised.
Provides a traditional, natural look and feel to a modern tool. Wood absorbs shock well and is popular in axe handles.