Kershaw 1557TI Hinderer Ferrite Assisted Flipper Knife 3.3" Gray Drop Point Blade, Stainless Steel Handles
KS1557TI: 1557TI Ferrite Folding Knife
A slim, functional, wicked sharp design from Kershaw and Rick Hinderer.
Rick designed this one to be easy to carry, easy to use, and to feel great in the hand.
This Rick Hinderer design is barracuda sleek and engineered to provide great tip control. The deep contour toward the back of the blade spine provides a place to rest your finger when choking up on the blade for detailed work. The clipped spear-point style blade looks great, slims the blade for excellent piercing capability, and enhances control.
The stainless steel handle is purposely smoothed for an easy pocket carry, but it also features a double finger contour for excellent grip.The Ferrite is SpeedSafe equipped for fast and easy, one-handed opening. Just pull back on the flipper or push outward on the thumb stud. Once the blade is started out of the handle, SpeedSafe takes over and opens the knife with ease.
Gray titanium carbo-nitride coating on both blade and steel handle help give the knife a long, lean look. A frame lock secures the blade during use. The pocket clip can be reversed for either left-handed or right-handed carry. Like many of Rick's custom knives, the Ferrite features a "filler tab" that gives the handle an extra touch of class and adds a finished look to the side of the handle opposite the pocket clip.
- Flipper - May be used on either manual or assisted opening knives. The "flipper" is a protrusion on the back of the blade that the user can pull back on, or flip, in order to move the blade easily out of the handle.
- SpeedSafe - Assists you to open any SpeedSafe knife quickly and easily with a manual push on the thumbstud or pull back on the flipper; built into many Kershaw best sellers.
- Frame Lock - A portion of the handle (the knife frame) moves behind the blade to lock it into position during use. This is a safety feature of the knife.
- Reversible - Pre-drilled holes in the handle enable the user to change either the tip position or the side on which the knife carries.
- Blade Length: 3.3" (8.4 cm)
- Closed Length: 4.25" (10.8 cm)
- Overall Length: 7.5" (19.1 cm)
- Blade Material: 8Cr13MoV Stainless Steel
- Blade Style: Drop Point
- Blade Finish: Gray Titanium Carbo-Nitride
- Handle Material: Stainless Steel
- Locking Mechanism: Frame Lock with Lockbar Stabilizer
- Pocket Clip: Tip Up, Left/Right Carry
- Weight: 4.2 oz. (119.1 g)
- Designer: Rick Hinderer
Developed by Chris Reeve, it functions like a liner lock but the lock is comprised of one of the handle scales. It's an extremely strong and easy to manipulate lock.
Includes a pocket clip for easy accessibility and a more secure carry.
Stainless Steel knife handles provide strength and durability and look and feel great.
Considered a value steel, 8Cr13 steel provides adequate corrosion resistance but with slightly more carbon than AUS-8, it will sharpen up and hold an edge better.
$79.99On Sale: $39.95
$69.99On Sale: $39.95
$59.99On Sale: $24.95
$99.99On Sale: $47.95
$39.95On Sale: $24.95