Kershaw 3920 Hinderer Shield Assisted Flipper 3.1" Satin/Stonewash Plain Tanto Blade, Stainless Steel Handles
Ergonomics is the driving force behind this Rick Hinderer-Kershaw collaboration. Based on Rick Hinderer’s Eklipse model, this Kershaw Shield offers all the “ergos” of the Eklipse at an easy-on-the-pocketbook price.
The tanto blade’s main edge is hollow-ground for excellent slicing capabilities, but that’s combined with a flat-ground tip for strong piercing abilities, too. 8Cr13MoV blade steel offers solid edge-holding capability, strength, and hardness. The all-stainless-steel handle provides deep finger contours for an extremely comfortable and secure grip. Titanium carbo-nitride coating gives the Shield a subtle, no-nonsense look.
The Shield opens smoothly and easily with the built-in flipper and Kershaw’s SpeedSafe assisted opening. A secure frame lock with hardened steel lockbar insert and lockbar stabilizer ensures a reliable lock up. For carrying convenience, the Shield offers a four-position pocketclip for left/right, tip-up/down pocket carry.
- Flipper - May be used on either manual or assisted opening knives. The "flipper" is a protrusion on the back of the blade that the user can pull back on, or flip, in order to move the blade easily out of the handle.
- SpeedSafe - Assists you to open any SpeedSafe knife quickly and easily with a manual push on the thumbstud or pull back on the flipper, built into many Kershaw best sellers.
- Frame Lock - A portion of the handle (the knife frame) moves behind the blade to lock it inot position during use. This is a safety feature of the knife.
- 4-Position - The user may position the pocketclip for tip-up or tip-down, left- or right- handed carry.
- Blade Length: 3.1" (7.9 cm)
- Handle Length: 4.3" (10.9 cm)
- Overall Length: 7.6" (19.3 cm)
- Blade Steel: 8Cr13MoV, Stonewash & Satin Finish
- Handle Material: 410 Stainless Steel with Titanium Carbo-Nitride coating
- Weight: 4.9 oz. (140 g)
- Made in China
Developed by Chris Reeve, it functions like a liner lock but the lock is comprised of one of the handle scales. It's an extremely strong and easy to manipulate lock.
Includes a pocket clip for easy accessibility and a more secure carry.
Stainless Steel knife handles provide strength and durability and look and feel great.
Considered a value steel, 8Cr13 steel provides adequate corrosion resistance but with slightly more carbon than AUS-8, it will sharpen up and hold an edge better.
$79.99On Sale: $39.95
$69.99On Sale: $39.95
$59.99On Sale: $24.95
$99.99On Sale: $47.95
$39.95On Sale: $24.95