Columbia 1032 River Nathan's Wooden Knife Kit
CR1032: Nathan's Knife Kit
A working softwood model of a lockback folding pocket knife.
This model kit of a folding knife was the idea of a seven-year-old Nathan Klecker, son of design engineer and award winning knife and tool designer Glenn Klecker. It makes a fun and educational craft project for a parent, grandparent or mentor and children seven years of age and older.
This kit includes all parts needed, precision cut and shaped from softwood, hardwood, and bamboo. When assembled, the model operates exactly like a lockback folding knife, teaching the principles of levers, springs, and locks.
- All parts shaped with safe rounded edges
- Ready to assemble without tools
- Press fit or permanent assembly options
- Complete detailed instructions included
- Teaches mechanical and woodworking skills
- Blade Length: 3.25" (83 mm)
- Closed Length: 4.625" (117 mm)
- Overall Length: 8.00" (203 mm)
- Weight: 1.8 oz. (51 g)
- Made in China
UPC Code: 794023103205
The lockback system has been used for many decades. It can usually be found on the knife spine and it provides a strong lockup that will wear well.
Provides a traditional, natural look and feel to a modern tool. Wood absorbs shock well and is popular in axe handles.
$82.00On Sale: $39.99