Global SAI-M03 Sai Santoku Knife 5" Hammered Blade
GLSAIM03: 5" Sai Santoku Knife
Global Sai knives follow in the same tradition as Classic Global knives and are made in the same fashion by skilled Japanese craftsmen in Yoshikin's factory. All of their experience in manufacturing hollow stainless steel handles and modern blade technology having been embodied in them. Global Sai knives, like the originals, have been designed by Komin Yamada, calling upon his 25 years of experience and know-how.
The handle design incorporates an ergonomic thumb rest to ease the cutting motion. Like Samurai swords, each knife is carefully weighted to ensure perfect balance in the hand.
The blade is crafted from special Cromoa 18 Sanso material, comprising three layers of stainless steel. The central layer with cutting edge is Cromova 18 stainless steel, hardened to Rockwell 58-59 and honed to a fine edge to give awesome cutting performance. This is sandwiched between two layers of softer SUS410 stainless steel material, which helps to protect the blade against chipping, rusting and staining.
A hammered finish is applied to the sides of the blade. This is not purely decorative. The air pockets resulting from this result in a better release of food being cut, giving the blade non-stick properties.
- The hand polished knife is made with hollow handles which are then filled with sand to achieve the desired weight and deliver the perfect balance.
- Individually hammered blades allow food to be chopped, diced, shredded or carved without sticking for quick and easy release.
- Ergonomic handles feature seven signature black dots which reflect the seven Samurai codes of honor and moral principles, inspired by Confucianism and Buddhism.
- Three layers of steel are made of exclusive Cromova 18 stainless steel and 18/8 stainless steel which are ice tempered and hardened to Rockwell 58-59 holds razor sharp edge longer and resists rust, stains and corrosion.
- All Global knives are handcrafted in Japan using artisanal techniques with modern technology in the tradition of the Samurai sword.
- Manufacturer Part Number: SAI-M03
- Blade Length: 5"
- Designer: Komin Yamada
- Made in Japan
The exotic steel Capital of the World, Japan produces and innovates some of the best products, from pocket to kitchen knives and everything in between.
Stainless Steel knife handles provide strength and durability and look and feel great.
$231.00On Sale: $139.95
$100.00On Sale: $64.95