Svord Professional Meat Cleaver 6" Carbon Steel Blade, Black Micarta Handles, Leather Sheath - SVORD-6MC
SVO6MC: 6" Professional Meat Cleaver
The 6" Meat Cleaver is part of Svord's Pro-Chefs line, aimed to bring quality tools to market for the professional level chef. They are Svord's traditional style kitchen knives with black acrylic and brass or Micarta handles and (generally) thicker blade stock for more stringent cutting tasks. This born and bred chopper is made with 0.275" thick 8670 high carbon steel and durable black Micarta handle scales. It's one of those cleavers where the weight does all the work, all you need to do is line up the shot. The Professional Meat Cleaver includes a black leather sheath and was proudly made in New Zealand.
- All Svord knives utilize the best Swedish High Carbon Tool Steel available
- All Svord knives are individually hardened and tempered using a unique and time honored secret heat treatment process
- Each Svord knife is hand ground on a water cooled stone
- Blade Length: 6.0"
- Overall Length: 12.0"
- Blade Thickness: 0.275"
- Blade Material: 8670 High Carbon Steel
- Blade Style: Cleaver
- Blade Finish: Natural
- Handle Material: Black Micarta
- Weight with Sheath: 2 lb. 4.3 oz.
- Made in New Zealand
Micarta is a compressed layered composite sealed within a thermosetting plastic which creates a strong, attractive material that is impervious to water.
Leather is known for its durability and traditional appeal. When compared to Kydex it is preferred for its silence when bumped against other objects, as well as blade retention.