Buck 065 Buck/Hood Punk 5-5/8" Fixed Blade Black Micarta Handle, Nylon MOLLE Compatible Sheath - 3996
BU0065BKSBH: Buck/Hood Punk 5-5/8" Fixed Blade, Micarta Scales
The Buck/Hood Punk is designed to be an outdoor/survival/adventure knife that can handle even the most rugged and tough conditions. Based on Ron Hood’s design and built to Buck's quality standards, the Punk helps ensure survival in extreme conditions. It is easily carried in a sheath, and extreme enough for any hard core task. The secure and comfortable Micarta® handles can be removed, and the blade integrates the Shock Mitigation System (SMS) to reduce shock and wasted energy during use. The Punk comes with a heavy duty M.O.L.L.E. compatible nylon sheath with storage pouch. The Punk will take care of you if you find yourself in an extreme situation. Buck's heat treatment process in specific temperature controlled atmospheres optimizes the steel's strength, edge retention, corrosion resistance, and sets the hardness to 57-59 HRC.
With a continued commitment to providing the best survival products in the market and a desire to honor the late Ron Hood’s legacy, Buck is moving forward with Ron Hood’s concepts to bring more Buck/Hood knives to those who depend upon them.
Ron Hood cultivated his early wilderness interests as a member of the Military Intelligence Community while in the Army Security Agency (ASA). Ron spent a year at a remote outpost in the Middle East and nearly 18 months on the ground in Vietnam. After his four years of military service he completed his MS and his doctoral studies and for over 20 years taught accredited classes in Wilderness Skills at two universities, authored numerous articles for national magazines and published a guidebook to the Sierra Nevada of California. Ron spent much of his time practicing and studying skills with native populations around the world.
Ron has been featured in dozens of TV programs and has produced 27 award winning survival training videos that are widely considered to be the best survival training aids in the world. He's was also the producer of Survival Quarterly Magazine, with his wife Karen, who continues to publish the magazine in Ron's honor.
- 5160 carbon steel blade, heat treated 57-59HRC for edge retention and ductility
- Ultra lightweight multi-function survival knife
- Deep finger groove and guard for safe use
- Shock Mitigation System (SMS) integrated into the handle to reduce shock and wasted energy when chopping
- CNC textured Micarta® handles that can be removed
- Includes multi-function/M.O.L.L.E. compatible nylon sheath with front storage pouch
- Sheath is adjustable for high or low hip carry and features dual retention methods for safety
- Forever Warranty
- Blade Length: 5-5/8" (14.3 cm)
- Blade Steel: 5160 Carbon Steel with powder coat finish for corrosion resistance
- Handle Material: Removable Black Linen Micarta Scales
- Sheath: Heavy-duty, black nylon sheath with front storage pouch, M.O.L.L.E. compatible
- Weight: 7.4 oz. (209.8g) knife only and 13.1 oz. (371.4g) with the Sheath
- Made in the USA
UPC Code: 033753115394
Durable, flexible, abrasion and mildew resistant, Nylon also is very strong
Micarta is a compressed layered composite sealed within a thermosetting plastic which creates a strong, attractive material that is impervious to water.
This product is USA born and raised.
$48.12On Sale: $19.95