Zwilling J.A. Henckels Miyabi Kaizen II Damascus Gyutoh (Chef's Knife), 8" Blade, Pakkawood Handle - 34681-203
H34681203: Zwilling Miyabi Kaizen II Damascus 8" Gyutoh, Pakkawood Handle
The Gyutoh, or chef’s knife, is a general-purpose knife for the preparation of larger cuts of meat and vegetables. It has a fine carbide steel core which gives the knife very good initial sharpness and cutting edge retention. The core is embedded in 48 layers of steel which create each knife’s unique Damascus-design. The symmetrical cutting edge is Honbazuke honed. This three-stage grinding, sharpening, and polishing process gives the knife razor-like sharpness. The entire length of the edge can be used to cut as there is no finger guard. The join between handle and bolster is completely smooth, which helps to prevent calluses from forming on the thumb and forefinger and gives a comfortable grip. Hand wash only for the best care and avoid cutting on glass, ceramic, or stone boards as these will prematurely dull the edge. Maintain and sharpen using whetstones.
- FC61 fine carbide steel blade core
- 48 layers of steel surrounding the core create the Damascus-design
- FRIODUR ice-hardened for extreme hardness
- Rockwell hardness of approximately 61
- Symmetrical cutting edge
- Pakka wood handle
- Steel mosaic pin and handle end cap
- Blade Length: 8.00"
- Overall Length: 13.46"
- Handle Length: 5.39"
- Blade Material: Damascus with FC61 Core
- Blade Hardness: 60-62 HRC
- Blade Thickness: 0.08"
- Handle Material: Pakkawood
- Weight: 7.04 oz.
- Made in Japan