Kershaw 1160TANBW Jens Anso Fraxion Flipper Knife 2.75" BlackWashed Clip Point Blade, Tan G10 Handles with Carbon Fiber Overlays
KS1160TANBW: 1160TANBW Fraxion Folding Knife, Tan
The Fraxion, from Kershaw and Danish custom knife and toolmaker, Jens Anso, is a proven hit—and a great choice for the knife user who prefers a contemporary look and a compact size. And now it's available with a BlackWashed blade and tan G10 handle with carbon fiber overlay.
The black-and-tan Fraxion is a slim, sleek design that weighs in at a "Fraxion" of the weight of other comparable knives. The lighter weight is thanks to the streamlined design as well as to the light-yet-strong G10 handles with a handsome carbon fiber overlay. An inset liner lock secures the blade open during use while also helping keep down the overall weight and maintaining the handle's comfortable slimness.
The clip-point blade features a top swedge and a good-looking BlackWash finish. Built of 8CR13MoV stainless steel, the blade offers a sharp, long-lasting edge for day-to-day tasks. The Fraxion is a manual knife, but can be opened quickly, easily, and one-handed with the built-in flipper.
For convenient left- or right-handed carry, the Fraxion is equipped with a reversible deep-carry pocket clip, enabling it to ride comfortably low in the pocket.
- Flipper - May be used with manual or assisted opening knives. Tee "flipper" is a protrusion on the back of the blade that the user can pull back on, or flip, in order to move the blade easily out of the handle.
- Manual - There is no mechanical assist, such as SpeedSafe, used to open the folding knife. It opens the classic, old-school way.
- Inset Liner Lock - A strip of stainless steel is riveted inside the knife's handle—most commonly when the handle is a lightweight material. This enables us to create a slimmer, lighter knife, while still providing the strength and security of a locking liner.
- Reversible - Pre-drilled holes in the handle enable the user to change either the tip position or the side on which the knife carries.
- Blade Length: 2.75" (7.0 cm)
- Handle Length: 4.0" (10.3 cm)
- Overall Length: 6.75" (17.1 cm)
- Blade Steel: 8Cr13MoV Stainless Steel
- Blade Shape: Clip Point
- Blade Finish: BlackWash
- Handle Material: Tan G10 with Carbon Fiber Overlay
- Locking Mechanism: Inset Liner Lock
- Pivot Assembly: KVT Ball Bearing System
- Pocket Clip: Tip-Up, Right/Left Carry
- Weight: 1.9 oz. (53.9 g)
- Designer: Jens Anso
- Made in China
Includes a pocket clip for easy accessibility and a more secure carry.
Considered a value steel, 8Cr13 steel provides adequate corrosion resistance but with slightly more carbon than AUS-8, it will sharpen up and hold an edge better.
Formed in a sheet under high pressure by combining fiberglass and an epoxy resin binder. These handles are lightweight and shaped to ensure a solid grip.
$39.99 On Sale: $22.95