Shun VB0741 Sora Ultimate Utility Sandwich Knife 6" Blade, TPE Polymer Handle
KSVB0741: Sora Ultimate Utility Knife VB0741
It doesn't look traditional, but the Shun Sora Ultimate Utility and Sandwich Knife is amazingly versatile. The cutting edge offers a low-frequency serration that makes it perfect for slicing delicate thin-skinned fruits and vegetables, yet it can also be used for chopping and slicing. The wide blade with its rounded tip also makes it a great knife for spreading mayo on a sandwich, then the serrations work like a bread knife to cut the sandwich in half without tearing. Try it and you'll be surprised at how often you'll find yourself reaching for this multi-function knife.
The Shun Sora Ultimate Utility Knife is part of the exciting Shun Sora line that provides exceptional handcrafted Shun quality at an amazing price. Sora uses Shun's proprietary Composite Blade technology to bring together a VG10 san mai cutting edge with a Japanese 420J stainless steel upper. This technology puts high-performance material exactly where it's needed—on the edge. The two blade sections are laser cut, then fit together like pieces of a jigsaw puzzle. Braze welding permanently joins them. The attractive wavy pattern at the joint is based on traditional Japanese sword hamon lines. While Sora's blade shapes and handle design are traditional Japanese, the textured TPE polymer handle material provides a contemporary look, secure grip and balance, and is easy to maintain.
- THE must-have kitchen knife
- Hand-sharpened 16° double-bevel blade (32° comprehensive)
- Steel: Proprietary Composite Blade Technology; VG10 san mai cutting core; Japanese 420J blade upper
- VG10 is clad with one layer of stainless steel on each side to create the san mai edge and provide stain resistance
- Handle: Traditional Japanese handle design in easy-care, textured TPE
- Blade length: 6 in. (20.3 cm)
- Handcrafted in Japan