Chris Reeve 25th Anniversary Large Sebenza 25, 3.625" S35VN Blade, Titanium Handles (#22 of 25) - CRKSEB25PROTO
Kershaw 1660 Ken Onion Leek Assiste…
$79.99On Sale: $44.95
Boker Plus Anti-MC Folding Knife 3-…
Kershaw 1555Ti Cryo Assisted Flippe…
DPx Gear HEST 2.0 Right Handed Fold…
Kershaw 1600 Ken Onion Chive Assist…
$69.99On Sale: $39.95
Columbia River 6450S Drifter Foldin…
Kershaw 4035TIKVT Nura 3.5 Flipper …
$59.99On Sale: $24.95
Spyderco C123TIP Sage 2 Folding Kni…
Zero Tolerance Dmitry Sinkevich 045…
Boker Plus John Kubasek Credit Card…
Kershaw 1555G10BW Cryo Assisted Fli…
$59.99On Sale: $29.95
CRKSEB25PROTO: Chris Reeve 25th Anniversary Sebenza Prototype
Chris Reeve Knives
Knifemaker Chris Reeve has always pursued simplicity and function. In 1987, having observed the traditional liner lock folder, he sought to strip out the complexity and reduce the locking mechanism into a single piece. The Sebenza Integral Lock© was born.
Twenty-five years have passed. Virtually every year has seen small, incremental developments, improvements, changes, and every year the Sebenza has been admired, tested, and yes, copied! Ever keeping ahead of the competition, Chris has brought new concepts to the 25th Anniversary Sebenza.
Limited edition prototype is shown above. The production 25th Anniversary Sebenza will not have the graphic but the sandblasted matte gray handles, typical of all Sebenzas.
This is a Prototype, serial number #22 of 25, and is hand signed and dated by the legend himself - Chris Reeve. Comes with the microfiber cloth and large calf skin leather pouch.
- Large Hollow Grind Technology—the first blade to feature this new grind that blends the best of hollow and flat grinds.
- Shaped phosphor bronze washer on the lock side brings additional stability to that side of the blade.
- One-eighth inch ceramic ball acts as the interface between the lock bar and the blade, and doubles to drop into the detent, ensuring the blade stays in place when closed.
- Larger perforations in the washers reduce friction, store more lubricant and offer space for small dirt particles to move away from the blade/washer interface, helping to prevent blade action from becoming "sticky".
- 416 Heat treated stainless steel stop pin is interference fit into the lock side of the handle.
- Asymmetrical pattern thumb serrations on a curved thumb ramp of the blade give excellent purchase.
- At 0.140” (3.56mm), the blade is more robust blade than previous Sebenza models.
- Blade Material: CPM S35VN Stainless Steel
- Blade Hardness: 58-59 RC
- Blade Length: 3.625" (92 mm)
- Blade Thickness: 0.140" (3.56 mm)
- Double Thumb Lugs: Titanium
- Handle Length: 4.71" (147.64 mm)
- Handle Material: 6Al4V Titanium
- Handle Thickness: 0.150" (3.8 mm)
- Overall Length: 8.335" (212 mm)
- Pocket Clip: 6Al4V Titanium
- Weight: 5.2 oz. (145 g)
- Handcrafted in the USA
Semi-Custom or Mid-Tech knives are knives produced by a process in which the designer has more direct--but not complete--involvement; parts of these knives may still have been made by others.
Leather is known for its durability and traditional appeal. When compared to Kydex it is preferred for its silence when bumped against other objects, as well as blade retention.
Developed by Chris Reeve, it functions like a liner lock but the lock is comprised of one of the handle scales. It's an extremely strong and easy to manipulate lock.
Includes a pocket clip for easy accessibility and a more secure carry.
A tougher steel than S30V, it retains the excellent corrosive properties and ability to take an edge, but improves on the ability to hold that edge.
A nonferrous metal, it's prized for its high strength to weight ratio and is often used on higher end knives.
This product is USA born and raised.