KME Sharpeners Knife Sharpening System, R.P.S.H. Combo Kit, Plastic Case - KF-CBO
KMEKFCBO: Knife Sharpening System - "R.P.S.H. Combo Kit" - Repair-Profile-Sharpen-Hone
From heavy reprofiling and edge repair to finely honed razor edges - this kit can do it all.
Diamond stones are great for rapid stock removal, bevel profiling, and edge repair, but not the best choice for honing and refining edges though.
Ceramics and Arkansas are excellent honing and edge refining stones, but they're not intended for reprofiling or edge repair.
So KME put them together in one combination kit to give you the best of both worlds. If you consider yourself sharpening challenged, this kit will change your life!
The KME sharpeners R.P.S.H. Combo Kit includes everything you'll need to tackle any sharpening job. The XXC-100 git diamond stone makes quick work of reprofiling or restoring damaged or neglected edges even on today's hardest super-steels. After profiling and restoring your knife's bevel geometry with the XXC diamond, the 120 and 320 grit aluminum oxide ceramic stones will quickly refine the edge to effortless shaving sharpness and they'll never belly or need flattening. Finish with the traditional Hard Arkansas stone to hone and refine the edge even further (if you really want to show off). The finished edge produced by just these 4 stones will be well beyond satin in polish and seriously, seriously sharp. Please be careful!
Features the same KME sharpening jig as the Diamond and Deluxe kits which means it's fully compatible with all KME stones, strops, lapping films, and other accessories if you ever want to experiment. Made in the USA from American parts.
All KME Precision Knife Sharpening Systems come in a large hard case that is big enough to accommodate the base and as many accessory stones as you want to add. The cases are lined with soft foam in both the base and lid to protect your sharpener and accessories. An additional layer of stiffer foam has cut-outs for the stone carrier, stones, and oil or water bottles and holds everything securely in place when the lid is closed.
- 360 Degree rotational Clamp with 2 Horizontal Stops: Just grab the knife handle and rotate it 180 degrees to sharpen both sides of the blade.
- Just One Large Hand Knob Clamps the Blade: No more adjusting the clamp for blade thickness with one screw, then clamping with a separate thumb nut.
- Neoprene Padded Jaws: Clamp will not scratch or mar the blade.
- Two Knife Positioning Reference Lines on the Jaw: Insures repeatable sharpening angle for individual knives.
- Jaws Open on Demand
- Revolutionary Spherical Bearing Rod Guide: Maintains absolute zero deviation from selected sharpening angle at all times, while providing excellent range of silky smooth motion.
- Infinitely Adjustable Sharpening Angle from 17 to 30 Degrees: Main frame is engraved with angle scale in single degree increments. Loosen thumb nut to raise or lower the bearing assembly to any desired sharpening angle.
- Solid Cherry Hardwood Pistol Grip: Crafted with posi-grip finger grooves for comfort and control.
- Solid Cherry Hardwood Stone Carrier
- One Stainless Steel Rod with Lock Nut: Screw rod into the stone carrier, tighten lock nut for rock solid connection, remove for storage.
- Interchangeable Extra Wide Stones: The stone carrier has a built in stone clamp that lets you change stones in seconds. Holds any 4" pocket stone (Arkansas, India, Diamond)