Kershaw 1881 Eris Assisted Flipper 3" Two-Tone Drop Point Blade, Gray Steel Handles
KS1881: 1881 Eris Folding Knife
Known as the troublemaker of the Greek pantheon, Eris was always stirring up jealousy. Now Kershaw’s Eris folder could do the same the first time you take it out of your pocket to show it off to your buds.
Eris has a modified drop point blade with an attractive top swedge. Made of 8Cr13MoV stainless steel, Kershaw gives the blade a two-tone finish: stonewashed on the grinds and satin on the flats. 8Cr13MoV takes and holds a good edge, yet resharpening — when the time comes — isn’t a pain. Blade access is fast, easy, and one-handed thanks to SpeedSafe assisted opening.
Eris’ handsome blade is paired with a pure stainless steel handle, titanium carbo-nitride coated in soft matte gray. A sturdy frame lock secures the blade during use. The handle is contoured just enough for comfort and offers a built-in lanyard hole. With its solid steel handle, the Eris is substantial — taking after its other namesake (the celestial Eris is the most massive dwarf planet in our solar system). Yet this pocket-worthy Eris weighs in at only 4.7 ounces, so while it has a solid look and hefty feel, it won’t weigh you down. The handy pocket clip is left/right reversible.
- Flipper - May be used with manual or assisted opening knives. Tee "flipper" is a protrusion on the back of the blade that the user can pull back on, or flip, in order to move the blade easily out of the handle.
- SpeedSafe - Assists you to open any SpeedSafe knife quickly and easily with a manual push on the thumbstud or pull back on the flipper, built into many Kershaw best sellers.
- Frame Lock - A portion of the handle (the knife frame) moves behind the blade to lock it into position during use. This is a safety feature of the knife.
- Reversible - Pre-drilled holes in the handle enable the user to change either the tip position or the side on which the knife carries.
- Blade Length: 3.0" (7.6 cm)
- Handle Length: 4.10" (10.4 cm)
- Overall Length: 7.10" (18.2 cm)
- Blade Steel: 8Cr13MoV Stainless Steel
- Blade Shape: Drop Point
- Blade Finish: Two-Tone Satin/Stonewash
- Handle Material: Gray Titanium Carbo-Nitride Coated Stainless Steel
- Locking Mechanism: Frame Lock
- Pocket Clip: Tip-Up, Right/Left Carry
- Weight: 4.7 oz. (133.2 g)
Developed by Chris Reeve, it functions like a liner lock but the lock is comprised of one of the handle scales. It's an extremely strong and easy to manipulate lock.
Includes a pocket clip for easy accessibility and a more secure carry.
Stainless Steel knife handles provide strength and durability and look and feel great.
Considered a value steel, 8Cr13 steel provides adequate corrosion resistance but with slightly more carbon than AUS-8, it will sharpen up and hold an edge better.
$79.99 On Sale: $39.95
$69.99 On Sale: $39.95
$59.99 On Sale: $24.95
$49.99 On Sale: $17.95