Kershaw 3490 Les George Seguin Flipper Knife 3.1" Gray PVD Blade, Milled Stainless Steel Handles
KS3490: 3490 Seguin Folding Knife
With a Les George design, functionality is always Job #1 and you'll see it on full display in the Seguin. It has everything knife enthusiasts have come to expect from Les' knives and more. Because in addition to its practicality, the Seguin also offers truly eye-catching style.
At nearly five ounces, the all-stainless-steel Seguin feels solid in-hand. It opens with authority thanks to Kershaw's SpeedSafe assisted opening and a substantial flipper. Added jimping on the flipper gives it additional "tooth" so it's even easier to open your knife. The Seguin's 3.1" blade is a perfect, mid-sized option for a full range of cutting tasks. The 8Cr13MoV blade steel takes a mean edge and is easy to re-sharpen while the gray PVD coating enhances hardness and protects the blade.
The durable stainless steel handle stands up to just about any working condition—hot, cold, wet, or dry. Les even included his characteristic index finger contour for greater blade control. But it's the handle's heavily machined texture that immediately gets attention. Additional line texturing can be found on the aluminum backspacer, giving the Seguin an attractive, integrated appearance.
The single-position deep-carry pocket clip wraps around the handle into an internal pocket, where it's secured with the backspacer screws. This means that the knife slides easily into its deep-carry position, without any pocket clip screws obstructing the path to the pocket.
And in case you were wondering, Les named the Seguin in honor of Juan Seguin, a hero of the Texas Revolution.
- SpeedSafe Assisted Opening - Assists you to open any SpeedSafe knife quickly and easily with a manual push on the thumb stud or pull back on the flipper; built into many Kershaw best sellers.
- Frame Lock - A portion of the handle (the knife frame) moves behind the blade to lock it into position during use. This is a safety feature of the knife.
- Single-Position - The pocket clip is in a fixed position on the knife handle; usually, it is positioned for tip-down, right-handed carry, though this may vary.
- Flipper - May be used on either manual or assisted opening knives. The “flipper” is a protrusion on the back of the blade that the user can pull back on, or flip, in order to move the blade easily out of the handle.
- Blade Length: 3.1" (8.0 cm)
- Closed Length: 4.25" (10.8 cm)
- Overall Length: 7.25" (18.3 cm)
- Blade Material: 8Cr13MoV Stainless Steel
- Blade Style: Drop Point
- Blade Finish: Gray PVD
- Handle Material: Bead Blasted Stainless Steel
- Locking Mechanism: Frame
- Pocket Clip: Deep Carry Tip-Up, Right Carry
- Weight: 4.9 oz. (139 g)
- Designer: Les George
- Made in China
Developed by Chris Reeve, it functions like a liner lock but the lock is comprised of one of the handle scales. It's an extremely strong and easy to manipulate lock.
Includes a pocket clip for easy accessibility and a more secure carry.
Stainless Steel knife handles provide strength and durability and look and feel great.
Considered a value steel, 8Cr13 steel provides adequate corrosion resistance but with slightly more carbon than AUS-8, it will sharpen up and hold an edge better.
$79.99 On Sale: $39.95
$69.99 On Sale: $39.95
$59.99 On Sale: $24.95
$99.99 On Sale: $55.95
$200.00 On Sale: $129.95