Shun DM0728 Classic Japanese Style Nakiri 6.5" Blade, Pakkawood Handle
The Nakiri is great for everyday functions requiring precision slicing and straight cuts. The blade shape finds its origin in Japan. The Nakiri is a versatile vegetable cleaver for slicing, dicing and chopping even large vegetables. It is ideal for chopping piles of herbs, vegetables or boneless meats with its larger, deeper blade. It is also a pleasure to use for fruit as well. Thanks to the thin and wide blade it produces very fine and even cuts . The blade can be easily controlled.
This stunningly beautiful line of classic cutlery features the look and benefits of Damascus steel, yet without its rusting problems. The Damascus-look blade profile reduces sticking and results in less damage to the food being cut and faster prep times.
- VG-10 stainless steel is clad with 16 layers of SUS410 high-carbon steel on each side, producing a 33-layer rust-free Damascus look
- VG-10 "super steel" is composed of Carbon, Chromium, Cobalt, Manganese, Molybdenum, Silicon, and Vanadium
- Shun Classics feature Ebony-black PakkaWood® handles specifically designed for premium applications
- Stainless-steel bolsters and end caps
- Dishwasher safe
- NSF approved
In addition to their clad VG-10 blades, The Shun Classics also feature our uniquely stable "D" shape handle design.
The "D" shape rests precisely in the curve of the fingers as they curl around the handle. The asymmetrical bolster is ground out more on the right side to provide proper finger placement and an easy, secure grip. The knives balance perfectly, with the pivot point just ahead of where the handle sweeps out of the blade.
The black PakkaWood® handles provide the beauty of genuine wood, but—since the wood is impregnated with a waterproof resin—the handles are as durable as plastic and dishwasher safe, too.
- Steel: VG-10 cutting core clad with 32 layers of SUS410 stainless
- Handle: "D" shaped Ebony-black PakkaWood
- Blade Length: 6 1/2 in. (16.5 cm)
- Clad Construction
- The Cutting Edge
- VG10 "Super Steel"
- Kasumi Method
- D-shaped Handles
UPC Code: 4901601414233
The exotic steel Capital of the World, Japan produces and innovates some of the best products, from pocket to kitchen knives and everything in between.
This Japanese super-steel is known for it's ease of sharpening, ability to take a super fine edge, and outstanding corrosion resistance making it one of the best bang-for-buck steels on the market.
Provides a traditional, natural look and feel to a modern tool. Wood absorbs shock well and is popular in axe handles.