Columbia River CRKT 4040V Kinematic Provoke Folding Karambit 2.41" D2 Black TiNi Blade with Veff Serrations, Black Aluminum Handles
CR4040V: Joe Caswell 4040V Provoke with Veff Serrations
Serve. Protect. Fibrous material beware of the Provoke with Veff Serrations. The industry-changing Kinematic innovation meets time-tested Veff Serrations to create a more capable iteration on the original Provoke morphing karambit knife. Rope, seatbelts, and netting never had a chance. Optional Boltaron sheath and clip set available.
CRKT thinks of Designer Joe Caswell as somewhat of a mad scientist. When they got an eyeful of the sketches that were to become the Provoke — designed in Newbury Park, California — they knew he was destined to become one of the most innovative designers the knife world has ever seen. Modeled after a traditional karambit, the black titanium-nitride finished hawkbill-style blade is forged of premium D2 tool steel for high durability and excellent edge retention. As if it weren't already powerful enough, it's been given Veff Serrations for nearly unmatched slicing of rope and other fibrous materials.
The opening mechanism is pulling the folder into the future whether it's ready or not. Thumb pressure on the upper crossbar sets the chain reaction in motion, causing the blade to lunge to action while you’ve got a firm grasp on the handle. It's crafted of aircraft-grade 6061 aluminum for supreme toughness. In true Joe fashion, the pocket clip is also a world's first—sitting almost completely flush with the handle and likewise activated with light thumb pressure.
The Provoke with Veff Serrations comes up strong when it's called in for duty.
How Kinematic Works
Nudge the upper crossbar with your thumb—while the rest of your fingers firmly grasp the handle—and the blade lunges to life and locks into place. Shift the discreet lever at the base of the finger loop and the blade retreats into its closed position.
- Unique Kinematic Innovation Deploys the Blade Quickly with Push of the Thumb
- Veff Serrations Provide Superior Cutting of Rope, Straps, and Fibrous Materials
- D2 Blade Steel for Excellent Edge Retention; Black Titanium Nitride Coating for Enhanced Corrosion Resistance
- Blade Length: 2.41" (61.21 mm)
- Closed Length: 4.96" (125.98 mm)
- Overall Length: 7.25" (184.15 mm)
- Blade Material: D2 Tool Steel
- Blade Thickness: 0.209" (5.31 mm)
- Blade Style: Hawkbill with Veff Serrations
- Blade Grind: Chisel
- Blade Finish: Black Titanium Nitride
- Handle Material: 6061-T6 Aluminum
- Locking Mechanism: Kinematic
- Pocket Clip: Tip-Up, Right Carry
- Weight: 5.9 oz. (167.26 g)
- Designer: Joe Caswell
- Made in Taiwan
UPC Code: 794023404043
Includes a pocket clip for easy accessibility and a more secure carry.
This is a high carbon steel that is appropriate for use in hostile environments and is known for edge retention.
A solid, lightweight material that can be molded, textured or anodized to provide better grip under extreme conditions.