Zwilling J.A. Henckels Miyabi Birchwood SG2 3.5" Paring Knife - 34372-093
H34372093: Miyabi Birchwood SG2
Miyabi by Zwilling J.A. Henckels Japan
Miyabi continues to strive for perfection with the introduction of Miyabi Birchwood SG2. This next generation of Miyabi knives, made in Seki, Japan, combined the greatest hardning technology, most precious knife materials and the artistry of traditional craftsmanship.
Features and Benefits
The Potent core of SG2 super steel is protected by a 101-layer stunning flower Damascus pattern.
The Cryodur blade undergoes a four-step hardening process that maximizes the properties of the steel.
- Hardening done in a state-of-the-art vacuum furnace
- Rapid-quenching to room temperature in seconds
- Cryogenic treatment at -321° F to enhance the corrosion resistance
- Double tempering to improve toughness
The Katana edge is hand-finished with the traditional 3-step Honbazuke method. The angle of each blade is honed by an artisan to 9.5-12 degrees per side. The acute angle in concert with the Honbazuke method yields scalpel-like sharpness.
The exceptional blade is complemented by an equally stunning Karelian (Masur) Birch handle. Karelian Birch holds a place as a prized knife handle material as well as being the only wood ever used to craft a Faberge egg.
- 3.5" paring knife
- SG2 microcarbide super steel core
- 63 Rockwell Hardness
- Cryodur ice-hardened blade
- Flower Damascus design
- 9.5-12 degrees angle
- Traditional 3-step Honbazuke hand-honed edge
- Fully rounded spine
- Karelian (Masur) Birch handle
- Mosaic pin
- Two red spacers
- End cap with logo