Kershaw 2050 Mixtape Folding Knife 3.1" Stonewashed Blade, Black GFN Handles
KS2050: 2050 Mixtape Folding Knife
The Kershaw Mixtape is designed to provide a perfect mix of all the qualities you want in a lightweight, easy-to-carry pocketknife.
Kershaw used a variety of strategies to keep the Mixtape’s weight down. For instance, the handle features cutouts in the front and back. (You can you even see the single-position pocket clip through this handle "window," as it blends seamlessly with the rest of the knife.) The handle scales are glass-filled nylon, again for lighter weight. Additional weight relief is offered by the backspacer—or lack thereof. The Mixtape's open construction is easy to clean with a cotton swab and without disassembling the knife. See? Simple. Finally, a secure inset liner lock reduces weight even more by eliminating the need for a full internal liner. The result is a pocketknife that weighs just 2.7 ounces.
Yet the lightweight Mixtape also offers heavyweight performance. Its stonewashed blade is just over three inches and made of 8Cr13MoV steel, which takes a sharp, fine edge. The reverse tanto blade shape offers a sturdy tip that's ideal for piercing cuts. At the same, it has enough belly to handle most cutting tasks with ease.
Open the Mixtape using the built-in thumb disk. Flick it open quickly, one-handed, or go classic and simply fold the blade out of the handle. As a final touch, Kershaw added a custom decorative pivot for sharp looks, plus a bit of extra handle texture.
- Manual - There is no mechanical assist, such as SpeedSafe, used to open the folding knife. It opens the classic, old-school way.
- Inset Liner Lock - A strip of stainless steel is riveted inside the knife’s handle—most commonly when the handle is a lightweight material. This enables us to create a slimmer, lighter knife, while still providing the strength and security of a locking liner.
- Single-Position Clip - The pocket clip is in a fixed position on the knife handle; usually it is positioned for tip-down, right-handed carry, though this may vary.
- Blade Length: 3.1" (7.9 cm)
- Closed Length: 4.1" (10.5 cm)
- Overall Length: 7.25" (18.4 cm)
- Blade Material: 8Cr13MoV Stainless Steel
- Blade Style: Reverse Tanto
- Blade Finish: Stonewash
- Handle Material: Black Glass-Filled Nylon
- Locking Mechanism: Inset Liner
- Pocket Clip: Tip-Up, Right Carry
- Weight: 2.7 oz. (77 g)
- Made in China
Includes a pocket clip for easy accessibility and a more secure carry.
A nylon polymer that is lightweight and extremely durable, Zytel can be shaped and textured to provide excellent grip.
Considered a value steel, 8Cr13 steel provides adequate corrosion resistance but with slightly more carbon than AUS-8, it will sharpen up and hold an edge better.
$39.99On Sale: $22.95