Kershaw 1945 Barge Folding Knife 2.6" Stonewashed Sheepsfoot Blade, Zytel Handles
KS1945: Barge Folding Knife
Go Ahead and Pry
You know you do it. And you know you shouldn’t. You should never use the blade of your knife—especially the blade of your folding knife—as a prybar.
However, if you’re pry-prone anyway, Kershaw now has the right knife for you. The Barge features an integral prybar that extends from the backspacer of the knife. Now there’s no need to even think about wrenching on something with your blade. Finally, you’ve got the right tool for the job—an actual prybar built into the back of the knife.
That said, the Barge’s other end is pretty handy, too. The shorter blade is a Sheepsfoot with a fairly straight edge, which is a great shape for a general utility knife. That edge is extra handy for when you might need to bear down on something you’re cutting. The stonewashed finish hides scratches easily.
The handle has a faux G-10 textured front scale for grip and a stonewashed steel back with sturdy frame lock. The pocket clip is designed for tip-down carry and is left/right reversible.
Next time you need to pry, you know what to do. Grab the Barge.
- Multi-function - Has multiple blades or tools, enabling it to perform multiple functions.
- Manual - There is no mechanical assist, such as SpeedSafe, used to open the folding knife. It opens the classic, old-school way.
- Frame Lock - A portion of the handle (the knife frame) moves behind the blade to lock it into position during use. This is a safety feature of the knife.
- Reversible - Pre-drilled holes in the handle enable the user to change either the tip position or the side on which the knife carries.
- Blade Length: 2.6" (6.6 cm)
- Closed Length: 4.7" (11.9 cm)
- Overall Length: 7.3" (18.5 cm)
- Blade Material: 8Cr13MoV Stainless Steel
- Blade Style: Sheepsfoot
- Blade Finish: Stonewash
- Handle Material: Glass-Filled Nylon with Stainless Steel Lock
- Locking Mechanism: Frame Lock
- Pocket Clip: Tip-Down, Left/Right Carry
- Weight: 5.4 oz. (153.1 g)
Developed by Chris Reeve, it functions like a liner lock but the lock is comprised of one of the handle scales. It's an extremely strong and easy to manipulate lock.
Includes a pocket clip for easy accessibility and a more secure carry.
A nylon polymer that is lightweight and extremely durable, Zytel can be shaped and textured to provide excellent grip.
Considered a value steel, 8Cr13 steel provides adequate corrosion resistance but with slightly more carbon than AUS-8, it will sharpen up and hold an edge better.
$79.99 On Sale: $39.95
$69.99 On Sale: $39.95
$59.99 On Sale: $24.95
$99.99 On Sale: $55.95
$200.00 On Sale: $129.95