Kershaw 1086 Strobe Flipper Knife 3.3" Stonewash Plain Blade, Stainless Steel Handles with K-Texture Overlays
KS1086: 1086 Strobe
THE KVT BALL-BEARING OPENING SYSTEM MAKES THE STROBE FAST & EASY TO OPEN
This is a great mid-priced folder from Kershaw, filling a perfect price point at just under forty bucks. It features the KVT ball-bearing opening system and a slim handled beefy blade design from knifemaker Matt Diskin.
Knife users who love the look of Kershaw’s Diskin Hunter—but would love it even more in a folding knife—now have their wish.
The Strobe takes the sweeping lines of the Diskin Hunter and turns them into a smaller, folding pocketknife. The clip-point blade offers a deep belly and opens with a handy flipper.
Thanks to the Strobe’s KVT ball-bearing opening system, the blade opens smoothly and easily; just pull back on the flipper. A washer with caged ball bearings surrounds the pivot joint and the bearings rotate as the blade moves out of the handle to ensure quick, one-handed opening. A frame lock provides secure lockup.
The blade is heat treated to Kershaw’s demanding specifications to bring out the best qualities in the steel, then stonewashed. The slim handle is characteristic of a Diskin knife and fits the hand securely. K-Texture™ handle overlays in glass-filled nylon provide additional grip.
The pocketclip is reversible for left/right-handed carry. Even better? It’s a deep-carry pocketclip so that it rides comfortably down in the pocket,
- Flipper - May be used on either manual or assisted opening knives. The “flipper” is a protrusion on the back of the blade that the user can pull back on, or flip, in order to move the blade easily out of the handle.
- Manual - There is no mechanical assist, such as SpeedSafe, used to open the folding knife. It opens the classic, old-school way. Frame Lock - A portion of the handle (the knife frame) moves behind the blade to lock it into position during use. This is a safety feature of the knife.
- Reversible - Pre-drilled holes in the handle enable the user to change either the tip position or the side on which the knife carries.
- Blade length: 3.3"
- Closed length: 4.25"
- Open length: 7.5 "
- Handle: 410, K-Texture grip overlays
- KVT ball-bearing opening
- Frame lock
- Reversible deep-carry pocketclip
- Steel: Stainless steel, stonewashed finish
- Weight: 4.6 oz.
- Made in China
Developed by Chris Reeve, it functions like a liner lock but the lock is comprised of one of the handle scales. It's an extremely strong and easy to manipulate lock.
A nylon polymer that is lightweight and extremely durable, Zytel can be shaped and textured to provide excellent grip.
An affordable medium carbon stainless steel with a good balance of edge holding and corrosion resistance properties.
$79.99On Sale: $39.95
$69.99On Sale: $39.95
$59.99On Sale: $24.95
$99.99On Sale: $47.95
$39.95On Sale: $24.95